Thursday 2 January 2014

MUA Undressed Palette vs. Urban Decay Naked Palette

I've mentioned several times before how much I love my Urban Decay Naked Palette.  I got it last Christmas and it's been used pretty much everyday since.  However, I spotted MUA's Undressed Palette in Superdrug and thought it looked pretty similar....

After comparing them, the colours and almost identical and it's ideal dupe.  It's also just £4 whilst the Naked Palette retails for £36!

***I've just transferred everything across from my old blog, hence why my old blog address is on these photos - sorry!***

The Naked Palette has a velvet cover which everything sticks to!  The MUA palette is more practical but does feel cheaper and quite 'plasticy'.  However, the MUA palette does fit much better in my makeup bag so is a great size for travelling.



The colours are even in the same order in both palettes.


The Naked Palette comes with a really nice brush whilst MUA's has the typical sponge applicator.  However, with all the money you save you could buy several excellent brushes.

The following images are close-ups of the shades.  The Naked Palette is the top image and the corresponding dupe MUA shade beneath.





In the pan these are all pretty much identical.  Urban Decay are renowned for their quality of eyeshadows and this is normally where cheaper palettes fall down.  I swatched all the colours on my arm for you to see and I tried to use an equal amount of each shadow.




As you can see the colours come out very similar.  The only bigger difference I noticed was that 'Smog' is darker than MUA's dupe.  Also, 'Sidecar' has a difference finish.  In the Naked Palette, it has quite chunky glitter than often falls out whilst MUA's version has a much more similar consistency to the other shadows in the palette which I actually prefer.

I tried these eyeshadows out with a MAC paintpot underneath and they were pretty vibrant, I did have to apply a little more than I would with Urban Decay.  Also, they are little harder to work with and a bit trickier to blend as they aren't as creamy as the Naked Palette shades.

The MUA shades fade quicker than the Urban Decay counterparts but with a good primer or base underneath they should get you through a whole day.  

Overall, the Urban Decay Naked Palette is still my favourite but that is expected as it carries the higher price tag (£36).  However, I don't think you can go wrong with purchasing MUA's Undressed Palette as at just £4 it is an absolute steal that you won't be disappointed with.  I'm actually going to use mine for travelling as it's more convenient to take and I won't be worried about any of the eyeshadows breaking.

So if you're looking for a bargain then definitely get down to a Superdrug store and pick one of these up!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you! :) This really really helped, especially with Christmas on the way. I was wondering what makeup brushes do you recommend? I'm looking for some good quality eye shadow brushes that blend well.

    ReplyDelete