Thursday 2 January 2014

Get the Look: Clary Fray (The Mortal Instruments)


I'm a huge fan of the books and so I'm really excited for the release of the film.  Clary has quite an edgy look but it's also really easy to replicate using stuff you already have.  I've done a whole video on this look which you can checkout below, but if you prefer reading as opposed to watching then here's a written version too.






Makeup:


 To start off, I used L'oreal Infallible Foundation in Porcelain and then powdered with Rimmel Stay Matte in Transluscent.  Clary's look is very matte so you want to try and eliminate any shine.  I skipped any blushers, bronzers and highlighters, instead using a cool light brown eyeshadow to contour my cheeks.  The shadow I used is from MUA's Undressed Palette which is the equivalent of Naked from Urban Decay's Naked Palette.  Alternatively, you could use a matte bronzer.

On the eyes, I applied a light cream coloured shadow all over the lid and then added some definition with the same shadow I used on the cheeks.  Next, I used a brown liner all around the eyes, smoking it out with a little brown eye shadow over the top.  Lily Collins is famous for her brows, so I filled mine in with a brown eye shadow and liner brush.  To finish the eyes off, add a coat of mascara.

In the poster, Clary's lips look very nude, almost washed out.  I used a small amount of foundation on my lips to cancel out some of the redness before applying a nude lipstick (No 7 Chinchilla).


Hair:

To achieve Clary's hair, I wrapped large sections of hair around my curling tongs.  Then, I ran my fingers through the curls to loosen them before spritzing with some salt spray.  A little scrunching then completes the tousled, windswept look.






Outfit:

Clary's typical look comprises mainly of black.  I wore a plain black t-shirt with a chunky belt and black jeans.  I think Clary wears black leather leggings but I don't own a pair of those!  I couldn't see her shoes in the image I used but I've heard rumors of high heeled, spiky boots.  I'm not sure how effectively you can chase after demons in those so I wore brown combat style boots instead.  To compete the look, I wore a brown leather jacket from Express.  In the poster, I think Clary wears a brown jacket whilst in the film it looks more black so choose whichever you prefer.




Don't forget to draw on some runes with a black liner and then you're ready to go tackle some demons!

This is quite a simple look to pull together and could easily be worn as an everyday look.  I hope you enjoyed the film if you've already seen it, let me know what you thought of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment