Sunday 29 March 2015

The Expensive Face

As a student, I don't have a huge amount of money to spend in the likes of Sephora or Space NK.  Usually a new bit of makeup is from Boots - especially if there's a 3 for 2 offer on!  However, I've been collecting a few high end things here and there which I like to crack out for more special occasions.


First up is YSL's Rouge Volupte Shine Lipstick.  I have this in shade 9 and this is possibly the prettiest lipstick I own.  The formula makes this glide onto the lips and leaves them looking plump and glossy with a hint of colour.  This is usually my go to lipstick when I have a bit of a smokey eye going on as it doesn't overpower the eye look.  It also makes me feel really sophisticated when I pull it out of my clutch bag at an event to top up my lipstick.


I usually wear a BB cream most days but when I need a bit more coverage or something longer lasting, then Laura Mercier's Silk Creme Foundation makes an appearance.  I wear this in the shade cream ivory and although this is expensive, a little goes a long way and I won't be needing to repurchase this any time soon.


I don't really consider Urban Decay's Naked Palette a luxury item as the cost per eyeshadow is relatively inexpensive and I've got so much wear out of this.  Urban Decay's formulation is second to none and I use this palette both for everyday eye looks and when I need something a bit more glam.


I'd been eyeing up the Nars blushers and bronzers but hadn't bitten the bullet.  When I saw this duo in Sephora whilst on holiday last year though I was hooked and this finally made its way into my collection.  I haven't been disappointed and have been using the Orgasm and Laguna duo pretty much everyday since.  They certainly live up to the hype within the beauty community.


MAC's Mineralize Skin Finish in Soft and Gentle is quite the cult product.  Again, quite expensive but you get a huge amount of product.  I've been using this regularly for over a year and not even made a dent in it.


Lancome's Hypnose mascara came with my La Vie est Belle perfume and I love this min version.  The formulation is great and I love how it makes my lashes look.  Not sure if I'll be shelling out for the full size though as I'm currently liking Soap and Glory's Thick and Fast mascara.





I don't really want to think about how expensive my face must be when wearing all these products at the same time.  I've stopped keeping them for special occasions though and just starting using them whenever I want.  There's no point keeping them locked away in a drawer when you can have a hint of luxury everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment